Friday, September 28, 2012

An Auspicious Beginning...

Ah! A blank page! Arguably one of the most beautiful sights in the universe, a pliable place to fill with wonder, excitement, thoughts, beliefs, or the work of a lifetime.  And if you are me, something to, on occasion, be completely terrified of. I have had this blog set up for a while, but I have been afraid to take the plunge…until today. Welcome to my humble blog: take a seat, put your feet up, and stay for a while.
One of my lifelong passions has always been reading. From the time when my father used to read me the Chronicles of Narnia to today, I have a great   affinity for the written word. The intent of this blog is to give you my thoughts on some of the things I have read, and how I relate to them.
Being a goal oriented person I have two book goals I have set up for myself, one short term and one long term
Short Term: Read 52 books in a year (for those of you who might be mathematically challenged that works out to a book a week). I know some of you fellow book nerds might be thinking that the number seems small, but go easy on a girl. I have a full time job, a husband, and a rather needy dog.  Some days I need some grace.
Long Term: Read every book on the Modern Library’s 100 Best Novel’s Readers list, found here:
Note that I said the readers list, which is a little less demanding than the board’s list….again, not super woman.
Most of the books I read will be fiction of my own choosing, but on occasion I will post one from the list.

Tune in soon for my first review!!
-A-

2 comments: